23/09/2019

One Eye Tattoo Studio in Helsinki

My Finnish Bucket List is back! Wanna know, which item has been checked out? Keep on reading.

It has been a while since I published anything. Life has been pretty busy, but busy good, so I am not complaining at all. However, I do have something special to share and to talk about.

If you have been reading my blog regularly, you have noticed, that two years ago I have published my Finnish bucket list, which contained a list of things and activities I wanted to experience, before I move out of Finland. Life has changed drastically since, but I have not forgotten about the list and have been keeping it at the back of my mind since.

Last Friday I have at last done, what I always wanted to do.

I got a tattoo!

In Finland, especially in these days, having a tattoo is not such a big deal. There is no special type of a person, who would get one but still...awful too many people I told I was gonna get one, raised an eyebrow, saying with incredibly offending disbelieve: "You?!"
"Hell yeah, me!" I wanted to shout back. :)

And you know what? It was the most surprising experience I could have imagined.
I always go with recommendations, when it comes to the important stuff, and I decided to listen to my friend and contacted pretty cozy and one of a kind place in Alppila Helsinki - One Eye Tattoo Studio (Alppikatu 3, Helsinki).

I have never been inside any tattoo studio before, so it felt a wee bit intimidating with all the sculls, black drapes and "scary stuff", but I also kindda dug it, because that is how one imagines a real tattoo studio, right? :)

Eetu at work, pic by Katri
Eetu (check out his work on Instagram or on Facebook) who took care of me was super friendly and professional.
I knew what I wanted to have tattooed, but was not sure about the complete design.
Because I tried to make some research beforehand, I knew that the best way to get a design is to pick an artist whose work you like and ask him to create it for you.

Tattoo is an art after all and no real artist really wants to just mechanically copy a design of someone else...

In my case it worked out great.

The final design
We exchanged couple messages about my ideas and what I would like to have and were.
I sent him pictures of actual tattoos I liked and in couple days he came up with a design I loved. I did not have to change a single thing about it.

Even though they are busy with customers, I did not have to wait for an appointment more than a week, which was extra bonus. Yey! :)

The tattooing itself hurt less than I was afraid it would, and it was very different kind of pain. I have never experienced anything like that and it is difficult to put into words.

An hour old, covered with plastic
I spent at the studio all together around 1,5hour and thanks to Eetu and Pete, the owner of One Eye Tattoo Studio, it was fun and pleasant experience, which is weird thing to say given I was getting a tattoo. :) But it is true.

The equipment they use is of course sterile, clean and professional, and the place as a whole has an aura of a special kind, which is worth experiencing

Before I left, I got thorough and detailed information on how to take care of the tattoo, what to do if I feel like something is not right... and to my surprise, less than a week after, it seems almost healed.

Even though the tattooing itself did not hurt that much, I still was expecting some big pain afterwards...and I was met with a pain very similar to a bad sunburn, which lasted for about two days, followed by a slight sensitivity on touch. So far, so good. :)

A week old 
And now I can check out of my Finnish bucket list "Getting a tattoo". It still feels wee bit surreal, that this beauty is gonna be with me for the rest of my life, but am happily getting used to it. :))

If you want to check out One Eye Tattoo studio, look up their webpage: One Eye Tattoo.
or follow them on Facebook and Instagram. They post very often and communicate actively on all the offered platforms.

Have a great one, y'all!

4 comments:

Ben Bruyneel said...

Cool tattoo! Very nice to read your blog.
Gives me a taste of what's it like living in another country/Finland.
I never did myself, but I'm always impressed with people doing it ;)
Enjoy!

Vendula said...

Thank you so much, Ben, for your nice and encouraging words!
How is life treating you in Holland? :) greetings from Tuusula!

Ben Bruyneel said...

Not so much "happening", busy as always.
Love your rainbow hair. I only wish I could do something
like that too ;). Greetings from Spijkenisse!!

Seasonal greetings!

Vendula said...

What a lovely picture! I have heard u have been busy exposing yourself to the cold water... 😳 super and brave!
And ... you could totally pull off rainbow hair. 😊🌸 thank you.