08/06/2011

A glimpse of Finnish / Záblesk Finštiny

How does Finnish sound to me?


Jak zní Finština?
(Česky níže)

Do you know what Finnish language sounds like? Have you ever heard Finnish people speaking?
For me it sounds like talking backwards. :-) More than that. It seems like their are even sucking in air instead of breathing it out... They are rolling words on the tongue and swallowing it back... metaphorically of course. It is great! Even though I am starting to be quite frustrated by the fact that I cannot speak Finnish, I like listening to it... I listen to the conversations of strangers and instead of contents and individual words I taste the melody of it...the rhythm and the music of those dialogues. And I really like it.
I am wondering what would happen if I had recorded some of that conversations and played it backwards... :-)

ČESKY:

Víte, jak zní Finština? Slyšeli jste už někdy mluvit Fina?
Já myslím, že to je jako když se mluví po zpátku. :-) Dokonce mi příjde, že místo aby přitom vzduch vydechovali, vdechují jej... Převalují jednotlivé hlásky na jazyku a polykají je zpět... samozřejmě jen obrazně. Příjde mi to úplně super. A i když mě začíná dost frustrovat, že Finsky skoro nerozumím, tohle mě baví... Poslouchat cizí rozhovory a místo obsahu a jednotlivých slov vnímat melodii, rytmus, hudbu těch dialogů.
Přemýšlím, co by se asi stalo, kdybych si tajně některou z těch konverzací nahrála a pustila nahrávku pozpátku... :-)



No comments: